Thursday, August 25, 2011

Work

As a Peace Corps Response volunteer, I will be expected to hit the ground running. Instead of nine weeks of training, I get three days. (Hopefully, I'll also get a new medical kit--I've almost used up all those little packets of ibuprofin and anti-itch cream from Zambia.)

Also, instead of getting dropped off at a site and spending three months doing "community entry" (meeting people, holding meetings, and figuring out what projects to tackle), I have an actual job, with an actual organization. I've already met my counterpart (via email, soon Skype!) and received a list of tasks they'd like me to complete.

Also cool: I'll be doing public relations (something I actually know how to do!). This is who I'll be working for.

Cool, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment