Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday evening walkabout

Pretty much my favorite thing to do in any city is set out on a big unplanned walk. Given a balmy summer evening, a charged up MP3 player full of tunes and podcasts, and an interesting neighborhood, I am in heaven. I headed in the general direction of my former work commute and enjoyed the tree-line boulevard.
I couldn't resist a detour through Vake Park, especially since the fountain actually has water right now. (Still getting the hang of the whole self-portrait thing. Me with a non-crazy face plus the scenery might still be too much to ask. Clearly my hair did not want to cooperate.)
Then dinner at a fancy little ice cream place at another park by the UN office. (Banana and almond/caramel: amazing.) Just as my feet started to complain, I managed to find a bus going in the general direction of home. An excellent evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment