Friday, August 1, 2014

Wandering and wondering

I spent what felt like forever wandering in the heat looking for a hotel that I thought I had good directions for. It didn't help that I was still mildly feeling the effects of the stomach virus or whatever had knocked me out the day before. (Can I just say, I'm really glad the water went out after I felt better and not during said stomach bug.)

So I gave up and took refuge in the air conditioned comfort of the National Museum, which among other things houses approximately one zillion pieces of gold jewelry dug up from the country's various BC burial grounds, including several that I have visited on this trip.

While the gold is beautifully (and, one hopes, securely) displayed in modern cases with fairly decent interpretation, some of the other signage leaves a bit to be desired, as seen below.
I couldn't help but wonder if the peeling letters were the result of curitorial incompetence, bored school kids on boring field trips, overzealous cleaning staff, or what. Whatever the case, it might be time for a revamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment