Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Village life

 Spending a few days in the village gave me a tiny bit of regret that my time in Georgia has been so urban. I am a city person, for sure, but there is something I love about chickens in the kitchen.
 The pace of life in Tbilisi is not exactly blazing, but the village is positively tranquil. I spent a crazy amount of time just sitting on the patio, watching the chickens and puppies and snacking on Yuri's offerings of fresh grapes, figs, hazelnuts...
 And although life in Georgia is relatively modern, village life is decidedly more rustic. The house has electricity and running water in the sink, but unfortunately also has an outhouse. I will spare you the gory details except to say that while I admire Yuri's capabilities with wiring, there are certain places where good lighting is not such a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment