Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Building relationships, one jerkey stick at a time

German dog treat: you know you want it.
It has taken me about a month and most of a bag of German dog jerkey, but I have finally convinced Gary the guard dog to let me pet him. He still looks a little worried about it.

I could use this as a way to segue into some wise words about how building relationships takes time blah blah, but honestly I have no wise words. It's tough. Being in another culture makes it more complicated. Trying to be open and friendly and honest takes you only so far. Apparently, smelling like beef sticks helps, in certain circumstances.

Anyway, it's cocktail hour. A really nice bottle of Saperavi is calling my name. (And can I just say, a mid-range bottle of red wine costs about $3.75 here? You see why I like this place so much.)  
The world's most nervous guard dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment