Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Letting it unfold


I am currently engaged in the important but frustrating stage of my research project that consists of meetings and planning and preparing. It feels like I am doing nothing yet at the same time is strangely exhausting. I know how important it is to build relationships, but I just want to get out there and start working
I have to constantly remind myself to relax and allow it to unfold as it will. Coffee with a friend turns into introductions to other potential contacts and the discovery of a funky new bar. Another meeting spawns an unexpected invitation. Not exactly in my plan, but maybe...

Just as I am starting to get twitchy about work again, I get squeezed by my adorable host family aunties. I remember that my adviser said to enjoy the process and take lots of notes. Larissa and I cap off the day with a sunset walk up the hill behind our house for some fresh air, laughing and chatting and fending off yet another offer of marriage from the man who sells fruit; as we approach the house we walk slower and slower, not wanting it to end. It is unfolding, perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment