Saturday, July 19, 2014

Giorgi knows all

Georgia is a small country and even though Tbilisi is a capital city of more than 1,000,000 people, it is a small town. For example, I had a beer(s) with Giorgi, who was born in Tbilisi but lives in Columbia. I was raving about this great meeting I had last week with an organization I think Mizzou should be affiliated with, and of course he knows all about it because he helped start it.

Ahem.

Also, it does no good to ask anybody in Tbilisi if they know any Giorgi, because half of the men in this town have that name. Some call themselves George.

I told Giorgi how much I love his hometown, and the feeling is mutual re: him and MY hometown. He especially raved about my dad, who is funny, smart, easygoing, and like Giorgi knows everybody. However, he at least has the advantage of an unusual first name.

No comments:

Post a Comment