Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vegetarian?

As a vegetarian for more than 20 years now, I often receive concern from people who worry that I don't get enough to eat when I travel.

Honestly, all it takes is one look at me to know that I get plenty to eat wherever I go. But seriously, it's just one of those things that makes travel interesting. The phrase "I don't eat" is pretty much the first thing I learn in every language.

Happily, I find most cooks love the challenge of making me something special to eat. Larissa is no exception. Among her creations is the sushi-esque creation above, hollowed-out boiled carrots filled with Georgia's famous walnut-garlic-spice paste. Unfreaking believeable, but make sure to brush your teeth afterwards.
Of course, if you prefer to dine on nothing but fancy French pastry, Tbilisi has you covered on that front too.

No comments:

Post a Comment