Saturday, July 12, 2014

Turtle Lake

I may have mentioned that I am staying again with the host family that I lived with when I came to Georgia before. Last time, we spent the time getting to know each other. This time, it's like a family reunion. Also, I have inadvertently provided a welcome diversion to sadness surrounding the recent death of Vachtang's mother. OK, and also I give everybody plenty to do in terms of feeding me and fixing things I accidentally break around the house. Ahem.

 As is often the case, having a guest in town has given the family an excuse to visit some places they rarely visit themselves. Friday night they took me up to Turtle Lake, which is high up on a hill overlooking the city--and ironically a stone's throw from my previous office, though I had no idea it was there last time I lived here.

We rented a pedal boat, strolled around the water, tried to pick our house out of the sprawl, and resisted the temptation to buy popcorn and cotton candy. It was an odd little three-person date, and it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment