Tuesday, July 29, 2014

On not biking

According to Larissa, this sculpture has something to do with the fact that some famous bicycle used to be manufactured in Tbilisi, not the fact that a few people are brave/insane enough to ride here.
This is as close as I'm going to get to biking in Tbilisi. I'm nervous even getting into cars here. (But I had to take a picture, because c'mon! A giant bike!)

This sculpture, which is prominent enough in Old Town to be a meeting point landmark, is painfully ironic considering that there are so few bikers here. In fact, I can list every single time I saw someone biking here. And each time, I thought, that person is insane. Especially when I saw what appeared to be the national cycling team following a pace car on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment