Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fishy

Friday was another epic day of field visits, and I am now so busy that I've spent a good chunk of the weekend typing up notes and editing photos before I set out on another week of field visits Monday afternoon.

I'm happy to be busy, and I'm especially excited about the upcoming visit because the CARE project manager hosting me is a fellow Returned Peace Corps Volunteer with stories about getting evacuated from Sierra Leone and who knows what else.

I spent last week being amazed by the businesses launched by some of Georgia's internally-displaced women with the help of tiny start-up grants. And of course I was once again showered with Georgian hospitality and sent home with a big sack of smoked fish (pictured above). I didn't make it home with the bread this baker ran over and presented me with, hot out of the wood-fired concrete oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment