Monday, October 17, 2011

Gorgeous Georgians

I think I'm experiencing gorgeous overload.

On the weekend drive to Vardiza, I actually stopped taking pictures because it started to feel ridiculous--I wanted to record every single thing I saw. But here are a few more snaps from last week's field visit, this one to a woman with a demonstration plot of a new variety of apples.
She fed us Turkish coffee, grapes picked right off the vine, and of course apples.And showed off her daughter with the huge eyes. (Knitters will note the amazing neckline detail on her sweater, which I didn't ask but I suspect is also handspun yarn.) (This woman also has a three-year-old grandchild. No photoshop necessary; she is naturally stunning.)Meanwhile I swooned at the view from her apple plot--yes, that is the Caucausus mountain range in the background. Like I said, gorgeous overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment