Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lake Lisi

An impending half marathon and an underwhelming weekend calendar inspired me to make the hike about a mile up the plateau behind my house to Lisi Lake.

I had despaired of finding a running route in Tbilisi, but it turns out that not far from home is a decently paved road that's more or less free from unleashed dogs and kamikaze drivers. Now I'm kicking myself for waiting until I got completely out of shape before finding this place.

This has also inspired me to finally switch my simm card to the Blackberry I've been carrying around for a month, mostly so I can have music along with being able to assure Larisa that she can call to make sure I'm OK every 30 minutes.

This morning's inaugural run left me breathless and red-faced and my initial attempts to text with the Blackberry inspired a flurry of curses as I once again climb aboard the learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment